dimanche 30 mars 2008

Things I'm Saving Up For (updated!)

I created this post to remind myself of the big(ger) things I want to save up for. Hopefully I'll think of these things before buying little 10-20-dollar items (which add up quickly... and then you don't have much to show for them!).

  • appliances (used but energy-efficient)
  • a sewing machine (maybe this one?)
  • a toaster (4-slice)
"There's no such thing as being too cold, but there IS such a thing as being not properly dressed..."
  • a warmest-ever winter jacket (North Face Arctic Parka? Or Canada Goose? (I don't think I'll ever be cold again with my Eddie Bauer parka.)
  • a North Face Denali 300 Weight Fleece Jacket (warmest!) (bought an Arc'teryx one instead - I love it!)
  • a pair of Outdoor Research Alti Mitts Bought MEC 'Yukon' ones instead. Ridiculously warm. I love them.
  • a North Face Venture parka or a Roots rain jacket
  • a new computer (a Mac Mini?) (bought a new Mac mini in Nov. '09)
  • a new mattress
  • my kids' education

  • a trip to France
  • a paraglider

  • a trip to South America
  • a trip to New Zealand

  • a merino wool jacket from MEC... see now I'm getting into the smaller things.
  • pretty jewellery and handmade stuff from Etsy.

  • a stand mixer (like this one from Kitchenaid)(?)
  • white dishes to replace my black ones (Ikea for the basics - plates and bowls - and Etsy or elsewhere for serving pieces. I found a basic set I really liked in the Ikea store, only $29.99 for a six-place setting, but I can't find it on the website...)
  • téléphone cellulaire/appareil photo : le N95 de Nokia de Rogers le Sony Ericsson C905a

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire