vendredi 6 mars 2009

Bestsellers and I don't go well together

Just finished A Year in the Merde. Bof. It was chosen by my book club.

At first, I thought it was more refreshing than A Year in Provence, which I thought was almost too cheesy. Then, as I went on, I felt more like I was reading Cosmopolitan than anything intellectual. It was entertaining, at least, and I did learn some things (note to self: order a crème, which is regular coffee with cream, not a café au lait, which is a big fancy cappucino that they charge tourists 5-6 euros for), but overall not recommended to anyone looking for anything but a light read.

The last bestseller I decided to try (Restless, highly praised by The Globe and Mail) was a disappointment too. Started off great, then kind of plateau-ed.

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire