jeudi 14 janvier 2010

Frustration

This post got me thinking about recognition. Although I am lucky enough to have found a great job where I am respected by my superiors and colleagues, it's outside of my profession that's it's hard to get recognition.

I studied four long, intense years to become a translator. And you say oh, you're bilingual, so you can translate? You don't think there's any skill at all needed for it? If you speak the language, you must be able to write it? You must have an innate ability to transfer a message from one thought-system and culture to another? Grr.

It frustrates me to no end.

I'm just glad I'm not working as a translator. And incredibly grateful to have found a profession that's related to my degree nonetheless.

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire