mardi 26 avril 2011

Reading kids' books

This weekend we were at my parents' for Easter. While MB and I were getting ready for bed, I picked up one of Shel Silverstein's book of poems and started reading to MB. One of the ones that I loved, and that I KNOW my kids will love is "Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout Would Not Take The Garbage Out". It's so much fun to read. Even Matt admitted that Silverstein's poems had great rhythm. I can't wait to read them to my kids. Maybe I should sign up to go read to kids in a library or school or something in the meantime.

I woke up smiling, Monday morning, in my old bedroom, looking around at all the books surrounding me. The shelves are overflowing. One day I'll move all of my books to my place, but luckily, my parents don't seem to mind them being at their house for a while still.

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire