jeudi 10 mai 2007

Art on my body

I've wanted a tattoo since I was young. I think it's a good thing we have to wait until we're 16, or 18, to get one, because even if the ideas I had when I was younger lasted a really long time (and I thought I would never tire of them!), I still wouldn't want them tattooed on my body now.

But... I finally decided to just take the plunge, fully knowing that when I'm 40 I may not like my tattoo as much as I do now.

I thought I'd tattoo something that represented me. I thought a tree would be a great symbol: it represents growth, and learning, and my love of nature. But really, I cannot think of one thing I am more passionate about than books. So... no, I didn't tattoo a book on my body. But I had an artist draw a beech leaf on me, as (a) it's a part of a tree and (b) etymologically speaking, the word book might have its roots (ha) in the word beech.

So voilà. It looks a bit like this:

As for the placement, there's a good reason why it's on my foot. It's therapeutic, in fact. But I'll write about my feet some other time...

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire