lundi 1 février 2010

Surprising realization

Confirmation that my 'conversion' is complete (!?):

I just glued vertical labels onto a bunch of binders… and put them along the spine the 'French' way, so you have to tilt your head to the left to read them.

I remember a few years ago (when I started reading more in French) it would bug me that the spines on French books were upside down. I was used to being able to read the spines on a stack of face-up books. And now I automatically place them "upside down”.

Does that mean I’m more French than English now?!

This dual-identity thing is so confusing.

*It would also bug me that titles weren’t all capitalized. Now even in English I have a tendency to put a capital on the first word only... just look at my post titles.

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire