lundi 8 mars 2010

Planning Ahead

It’s so hard for people to understand that we can’t plan anything in advance. Especially my friends who work in the same industry I do, where schedules are the same year-round and vacation time can be planned months and months in advance. I don’t think people will ever be able to fathom what “my boyfriend has an irregular schedule” really means. You'd think that after a few years of knowing us and having it be like this, they'd get the idea, but...

It’s like this pretty much every time MB is away:

My friend, this morning: Quand est-ce que MB revient?
Me: MB revient peut-être en fin de semaine.
My friend: C’est cool si MB arrive cette fin de semaine. Quand est-ce que tu sais pour certain?
Me: Je sais « pour certain » seulement quand il arrive chez nous. Même lorsqu’il a son billet d’avion, ce n’est pas 100 % certain… et il n’a pas encore son billet.

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire