mercredi 7 décembre 2011

Getting lost

Last night as I went to bed, congratulating myself on the fact that it was not too late (10 p.m.), I picked up a book by Ken Follett my friend had lent me. I used to read a lot of Ken Follett in high school, but haven't read much of him since then. And so, when I saw this one on her shelves, I had the urge to see if I still liked his writing style.

Well, the short answer is yes!

I thought I'd just read a few pages before going to sleep, but at midnight I was still reading. Ten I glanced up again and it was 1 a.m.... 2:30... and I finally finished the 596-page book at 3:30 a.m..

Well, that was kind of dumb. I have to go to work today.

But it felt so good to get completely lost in a book and lose track of time like that. It hadn't happened to me in a good long while. Usually after a few pages of reading at night I feel sleepy, but not with this one. I was wide awake, and even when I saw the time, I almost didn't believe it because I wasn't even tired (or so I thought).

This morning, on the other hand...

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire