lundi 11 juin 2012

Dystopias

I really love to read dystopias.
 
Almost all of my most memorable reads are on the pictured list: 1984, The Handmaid’s Tale, Brave New World, The Giver, Fahrenheit 451, Lord of the Flies, A Clockwork Orange, Oryx and Crake. I recently read The Hunger Games trilogy as well. Some other dystopias that I love are The Game and Keeper of the Isis Light by Monica Hughes (I must have read The Game over a dozen times when I was a child).
 
Right now, I’m reading The Declaration, by Gemma Malley. I was quite pleased to discover this morning that it’s the first of a series. I’m very much looking forward to reading the others! It’s a “young adult” novel, which means that the writing isn’t all that complex, but it does make for an interesting linear story. I think the book would be a good selection for a book club, actually – definitely the kind of book that could stimulate interesting discussions. All dystopias, I suppose.
 
 
 

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire