mardi 12 juin 2012

Piano music

Tonight I played a duet on the piano for the first time. First S taught me the high part, then the low part. Obviously, her playing was much more interesting than mine. But I was so happy, I started giggling like a little girl. "I'm making music! With someone else! This is amazing!" Tears came to my eyes and suddenly I was laughing/crying, trying to keep playing even though I could hardly see anything anymore.

What an amazing evening at S's place, as usual. It actually started off with cooking together. A feast of Indian dishes, a meal fit for a special occasion, not a Monday night! Then the filling of leftover containers and spice bottles and a description of all the things S was sending me home with (not only spices, but also homemade condiments, other various bulk ingredients, a cast iron frying pan, photocopied recipes). (I always leave there with a box full of stuff.)

And then, some tinkling on the piano as S walked by it to get something from the living room. I decided to play a few keys as well, saying oh! I wish I could play! And then S said, well, you should at least know a few duets. So she taught me a few easy songs. We ended up playing for a good half hour, I think. I stayed up way past my bedtime.

Oh, and the song we were playing together that had me laughing and crying at the same time? Chopsticks.

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire